The Board of Directors shall hear any grievances, appeals and protests relating to the administration of the Club. These grievance procedures will address allegations of misconduct and/or abuse of discretion by HFC coaches, players and parents as well as complaints against referees, league officials and/or coaches, players and parents of players playing on other clubs. These grievance procedures will not address inequities in playing time on particular HFC teams.
To be addressed by the Board, a grievance must be submitted to the Board in writing (via email to the HFC President) and must include a concise statement of the facts, participants and basis for the grievance. Within a reasonable period after receipt of such grievance, in its discretion and in a manner it deems appropriate, the Board will receive additional information from the grievant and other relevant parties. Where requested by the grievant and to the extent practicable under the circumstances, a grievance may be handled by the Board without disclosing the identity of the grievant. On the basis of the information received, the Board will direct appropriate remedial and/or disciplinary action. The determination of the Board shall be made a by a majority vote of the members of the Board who do not have a child on the affected team or teams. This decision will be communicated to the grievant and all relevant parties in writing. All determinations by the Board shall be final.
Fines, Suspension and Expulsion
The Board shall have the right to fine, suspend or expel or, if deemed appropriate, reinstate any individual, including any player or coach, who violates the rules of the Club or League rules.
Fines, in an amount to be determined by the Board from time to time, may be imposed on Club Teams and/or HFC coaches for any of the following violations:
- Failure to have an authorized Team representative present at any Club general meeting;
- Failure to call in the results and scores of games in a timely fashion;
- Loss of Club equipment;
- Violation of the 6-goal rule;
- Forfeits of scheduled games (the WYSL imposes a $100 fine for each forfeited game, which may be imposed upon the forfeiting coach/team absent sufficient advance notice to the Executive Committee and compliance with League forfeiture policy);
- Violation of other Club by-laws or rules of the WYSL;
- Any other conduct detrimental to the interests of the Club, as determined by the Executive Board; or
- Failure to leave playing field and/or surrounding area in a clean condition (pick up litter, etc.).
Suspension, for a number of games or period of time to be determined by the Board from time to time, may be imposed on HFC coaches, parents of players and/or players for any of the following violations:
- Unsportsmanlike conduct;
- Intentional violation of the 6-goal rule directed by the HFC coach;
- Violation of other Club by-laws or rules of the WYSL; or
- Any other conduct detrimental to the interests of the Club, as determined by the Executive Board.
- Specifically, with respect to an intentional violation of the 6-goal rule directed by the HFC coach, a first offense will result in suspension of the HFC coach for the next game. A second offense will result in suspension of the HFC coach for the rest of the season.
An individual, including any player or coach, may be expelled for one or more seasons for violating the rules of the Club or League.